Private Yoga Therapy Session includes:
- first private yoga therapy session is 90mins, follow up sessions are 60mins.
- A short questionnaire will be sent to you prior to the session to maximize time together during the session and create the best possible practice for your needs and wishes.
- The session begins with a postural assessment & body scan, with time for discussion on what is noticed, this will help in providing the right tools for your individual needs in your private session(s).
- Once your individual needs are assessed then you will continue with being shown and practice a combination of therapeutic yoga techniques including Asanas (Physical Postures & therapeutic/somatic movement exercises for strengthening and releasing), Pranayama (Breathing technique), Meditations/Visualizations and/or Yoga Nidra to fit your needs.
- Awareness of the energy body through connection with the Chakra System and/or the Vayu’s using movement of breath in the body and visualizations if of interest.
- Connection to held tensions in the body due to possible emotional, mental and/or energetic holdings which then manifests in the body as pain. Finding ways in which you can release these holdings and rooted patterns through awareness, mindful movement and breath.
- All these yogic tools will be designed & put together to provide you with a balanced practice based on your individual needs assessed at the beginning of the session.
- Physical hands-on adjustments, Thai Yoga and Ayurveda massage techniques will be offered as assistance when necessary.
- Nutritional advice and at-home practice suggestions through the Ayurveda perspective can also be offered.
- You will strengthen where there is a weakness; open and release where there is holding in the body due to various reasons. An all-around deeper awareness of yourself as a whole.
- The session is then completed with a guided savasana (Yoga Nidra) for deep relaxation.
- You will also be sent a Review sheet (via email) after each private so that you can continue your practice at home.
2020 Private Session Special
(Currently due to COVID-19 I am available weekdays via zoom for private yoga therapy sessions. I am open to seeing private clients in person with distancing practices in place. I will also be offering my services during this time on and sliding scale or donation basis)
– Book your private today – $95 private your first session (90mins) – $60 follow up sessions (60mins) These are my regular rates but I am open to sliding scale payment during this unique time to help those who wish to seek out my support and guidance. Now more then ever is an important time to take good care of ourselves.
* If you are currently on disability or your funds for self-care are limited but you wish to do the self-care work please do not hesitate to contact me as I believe through trade and other ways to exchange gifts, there is always a way to make it work.
If you wish to book multiple sessions for example 8-10 sessions of 60 mins a discount will be offered per/session and is discussed between the client and teacher during the time of booking.
Small to large group privates rates start at $125/60mins. Corporate Groups start at $175/60mins up to 10 participants and then each additional participant goes up to $5/person. If the group is large enough where there is a second teacher needed price for the class will be adjusted accordingly.
These privates are customized to the needs of the group and that can be discussed directly with Annie. I have been hired specifically for stretch classes for sports groups from adult running clinics to youth skating groups. Also for a restorative de-stress type practice being offered by corporate groups looking for a break from there other work-related events.
Available booking times go to Schedule
“I was recommended to see Annie from my physio in Squamish. I have lots of problems with my S1 joint and lower back. Annie communicated with my physio to make sure she understood my injuries properly. I did a series of privates in Annie’s “home studio”. In only four weeks I could see amazing improvements and I was able to start doing gentle yoga in a class. I feel that most professionals are so rushed when they treat you, 30 min treatment and then they send you home with some exercises that are hard to remember. Annie’s professional approach, patience, and gentle touch are amazing. She will not send you home before you truly understand how to move properly and will answer any questions you have with a smile:) Thank you, Annie, for giving my quality of life back. It’s amazing to wake up in the morning without pain” ~ Maria ~