Private Therapeutic Yoga Session includes:
- 60-90 min long one on one yoga session.
- The session begins with a postural assessment & body scan, with time for discussion on what is noticed (this will help in providing the right tools for your individual needs in your private session).
- A short questionnaire will be sent to you prior to the session to maximize time together during the session and create the best possible practice for your needs and wishes.
- Once your individual needs are assessed then you will continue with being shown and practice the following therapeutic yoga techniques through Pranayama (Breathing technique), Asanas (Physical Postures & therapeutic/somatic movement exercises for strengthening and releasing) and Meditations with the use of hand mudras if appropriate.
- Awareness of the energy body through connection with the Chakra System and/or the Vayu’s using movement of breath in the body and visualizations.
- Connection to held tensions in the body due to possible emotional, mental and/or energetic holdings which then manifests in the body as pain. Finding ways in which you can release these holdings and rooted patterns through awareness, mindful movement and breath.
- All these yogic tools will be designed & put together to provide you with a balanced practice based on your individual needs assessed at the beginning of the session.
- Physical hands-on adjustments and Ayurvedic massage techniques will be offered as assistance when necessary.
- Nutritional advice and at-home practice suggestions through the Ayurveda perspective can also be offered.
- You will strengthen where there is a weakness; open and release where there is holding in the body due to various reasons. An all-around deeper awareness of yourself as a whole.
- The session is then completed with a guided savasana (Yoga Nidra) for deep relaxation.
- You will also be sent a Review sheet (via email) after each private so that you can continue your practice at home.
Fall 2019 Private Session Special
– Book your private today – $95 private your first session (90mins) – $60 follow up sessions (60mins)
* If you are currently on disability or your funds for self-care are limited but you wish to do the self-care work please do not hesitate to contact me as I believe through trade and other ways to exchange gifts, there is always a way to make it work.
If you wish to book multiple sessions for example 8-10 sessions of 60 mins a discount will be offered per/session and is discussed between the client and teacher during the time of booking.
Small to large group privates rates start at $125/60mins. Corporate Groups start at $175/60mins up to 10 participants and then each additional participant goes up to $5/person. If the group is large enough where there is a second teacher needed price for the class will be adjusted accordingly.
These privates are customized to the needs of the group and that can be discussed directly with Annie. I have been hired specifically for stretch classes for sports groups from adult running clinics to youth skating groups. Also for a restorative de-stress type practice being offered by corporate groups looking for a break from there other work-related events.
Available booking times go to Schedule
“I was so grateful to have the opportunity to introduce my partner to yoga after his cancer treatment. Annie tailored her instruction and guidance in such a way that allowed him to explore space with his new body and helped him realize what strengths he still had as well as which areas needed a bit of patience and time to recover. It was a perfect time to become more body conscious and tune in.” ~ Josie ~
“I was recommended to see Annie from my physio in Squamish. I have lots of problems with my S1 joint and lower back. Annie communicated with my physio to make sure she understood my injuries properly. I did a series of privates in Annie’s “home studio”. In only four weeks I could see amazing improvements and I was able to start doing gentle yoga in a class. I feel that most professionals are so rushed when they treat you, 30 min treatment and then they send you home with some exercises that are hard to remember. Annie’s professional approach, patience, and gentle touch are amazing. She will not send you home before you truly understand how to move properly and will answer any questions you have with a smile:) Thank you, Annie, for giving my quality of life back. It’s amazing to wake up in the morning without pain” ~ Maria ~