Mom & Baby Yoga is a wonderful & safe way to get back into movement and exercise while having your little one join you in the experience. In this class, we include baby as much as possible with a baby engagement routine at the start of class and bringing then into specific yoga postures & movements as well. You have the freedom to meet your babies’ needs with feeding and changing whenever it is needed. Annie gives you yoga positions which you can feed in that can help support your posture, spinal alignment and open the chest & hips. We begin each class with a check-in & sharing time for momma’s to get to know one another and share in an open and non-judgmental environment. Then we spend 10-15mins with baby engagement exercises a fun routine you can learn and bring home with you. Spending the rest of the class moving through yoga postures to help open up tight sore areas of the body which momma needs to release (shoulders, chest, the back & hips); rebuild physical strength in the core; balance and correct your posture. Breath techniques are taught to help release all kinds of tensions (tight shoulders, chest, back & hips) held in the body from the demands of motherhood physically and emotionally. Mom & Baby yoga is also a wonderful place to meet other moms and build friendships for you and your baby.
Benefits for Postnatal (Mom & baby) Yoga:
- A positive low impact practice to assist the body into its new post-pregnancy state with love and acceptance.
- Helps to relieve postpartum depression symptoms, helping to improve your mental, emotional and energetic states.
- Increase the physical and emotional connection between you and your baby. Excellent time for mother and child bonding.
- The physical aspects of yoga can calm the nervous system and bring you into the balanced state of being in the present (something baby does naturally).
- Baby engagement exercises will enhance babies’ emotional, physical and energetic growth.
- Mom & Baby Yoga offers a safe and nurturing environment fostering growing confidence in movement & body awareness. The ability to attach and then separate is achieved in this practice because the baby is involved in but is not the absolute focus of the mother’s activity. Within the type of communication, the baby has room to develop both connection & independence.
Fall Mom & baby yoga class
Tuesdays 10-11:15 am
Next Fall Registration :
Nov 12th – Dec 3rd
* drop-ins are welcome($15/class) if there is space class is at max with 10 mom & baby participants.
Registration is encouraged!
“You would think that a 50% infant population would result in utter chaos, but Annie makes her mama-baby yoga work. She goes with the flow, and it helps us do so as well. We “check in” and chat, we breastfeed, we stretch, we laugh freely and joyously to the chirps and squawks of our wee ones. Annie listens to our ailments and adjusts the practice accordingly; then brings us back to the cleansing breaths that we will need more and more as moms. It’s a very special hour in a new mother’s week, and we are blessed to have Annie, a seasoned mom, and yogi who loves all of the babies.”~ Ashley ~
“A huge part of what I took away from mama-baby yoga was Annie’s energy. Even now when I struggle I turn to mothers who resonate with me, who teach with wisdom and peace, and Annie’s words echo in my mind frequently. I’ll catch myself saying “what would Annie do” when I need to channel her incredible motherly energy! Thank you, Annie, so much for just being you!” ~ Hailey ~