Mom & Baby Yoga is a wonderful & safe way to get back into movement and exercise while having your little one join you in the experience. In this class, we include baby as much as possible with a baby engagement routine at the start of class and bringing then into specific yoga postures & movements as well. You have the freedom to meet your babies’ needs with feeding and changing whenever it is needed. Annie gives you yoga positions which you can feed in that can help support your posture, spinal alignment and open the chest & hips. We begin each class with a check-in & sharing time for momma’s to get to know one another and share in an open and non-judgmental environment. Then we spend 10-15mins with baby engagement exercises a fun routine you can learn and bring home with you. Spending the rest of the class moving through yoga postures to help open up tight sore areas of the body which momma needs to release (shoulders, chest, the back & hips); rebuild physical strength in the core; balance and correct your posture. Breath techniques are taught to help release all kinds of tensions (tight shoulders, chest, back & hips) held in the body from the demands of motherhood physically and emotionally. Mom & Baby yoga is also a wonderful place to meet other moms and build friendships for you and your baby.
Benefits for Postnatal (Mom & baby) Yoga:
- A positive low impact practice to assist the body into its new post-pregnancy state with love and acceptance.
- Helps to relieve postpartum depression symptoms, helping to improve your mental, emotional and energetic states.
- Increase the physical and emotional connection between you and your baby. Excellent time for mother and child bonding.
- The physical aspects of yoga can calm the nervous system and bring you into the balanced state of being in the present (something baby does naturally).
- Baby engagement exercises will enhance babies’ emotional, physical and energetic growth.
- Mom & Baby Yoga offers a safe and nurturing environment fostering growing confidence in movement & body awareness. The ability to attach and then separate is achieved in this practice because the baby is involved in but is not the absolute focus of the mother’s activity. Within the type of communication, the baby has room to develop both connection & independence.
2020 Winter Mom & Baby Yoga Registration
Tuesdays 10:15-11:30 am Jan 7th – Feb 25th
Thursdays 1:15-2:30pm Jan 9th – Feb 27th
Registration Options :
– 1 Class weekly for 8 weeks : $100 or 4 weeks : $55
– 2 classes weekly for 8 weeks : $160 or for 4 weeks : $100
* drop-ins are welcome($15/class) if there is space class is at max with 10 mom & baby participants. Registration is encouraged!
“NEW” Postpartum Core Reconnecting Workshop Class
Sunday Mornings 9-10am Jan 19th – Feb 16th
5 week program (Mom Only Class)
Registration : $85
(No drop ins as this is a progressive learning class)
Must be post birth at least 12 weeks up to 12 months
(with a thumbs up from your physician and/or postnatal physio)
This will be a 5 week progressive learning practice (weekly commitment is recommended) which will help set you up with an at Home Self Care Routine for you to continue afterwards. Carving time out for yourself should be a guilt free time for you to reconnect and replenish YOU, so you can bring a balance into your life and be able to care for your loved ones even better when you are feeling calm & balanced!
“NEW” Self Care Yoga Therapy Practice for MOMS
Sundays 7:45-9pm Jan 19 – Feb 23
6 week scheduled practice time for YOU to Replenish and take care of YOU!
In this class, we take time to connect, check-in with each other share some stories and insights about our lives ( maybe have a little Momma venting – which is very healthy) and then Annie will guide you through a yoga practice to help you get into your bodies and connect to our physical center, then open up to focused breath connection and land in our energetic center’s. We will play with several techniques each week exploring new ways to connect. She will offer daily tips to support you in creating healthy balance and boundaries for yourself and she encourages all participants to share their tips as well – We all have something to share and teach others and we all have something to receive and learn from one another. There will be time left at the end of class for you to linger and chit chat together if you desire for extra time to connect.
“You would think that a 50% infant population would result in utter chaos, but Annie makes her mama-baby yoga work. She goes with the flow, and it helps us do so as well. We “check in” and chat, we breastfeed, we stretch, we laugh freely and joyously to the chirps and squawks of our wee ones. Annie listens to our ailments and adjusts the practice accordingly; then brings us back to the cleansing breaths that we will need more and more as moms. It’s a very special hour in a new mother’s week, and we are blessed to have Annie, a seasoned mom, and yogi who loves all of the babies.”~ Ashley ~